Monday, March 29, 2010

Hawaii

Our first night in Hawaii we went to the beach with our family and had stake plates and watched the sunset. Oh how nice it was to be warm! While in Hawaii Grant did a lot of this. I guess it is good practice for playing with his own son.


Our first full day in Hawaii we spent with Wendi and Pearce at the Zoo and Waikiki.
On Saturday they took us site seeing at Kayaking.

We went Kayaking to China Man's hat. It was a shot trip which was good because Grant is a little tall for a 2 man boat. The Kayak was so worth it because I loved the little island we ended up on, look how beautiful it was.



We spent one day snorkeling at Hunauma bay and hiking.


We were told that this hike was easy enough for a pregnant woman to do it and truly it wasn't hard. The only problem was once we made it to the top it started to pour on us. This meant that it was a mud slide the entire way down. I had to be extra careful not to fall but we had so much fun I was actually glad it rained.



We had to stop at the Dole plantation so I could get my pineapple ice cream and it was delicious!!!
Can I just say I was amazed by the huge waves at the north shore. We went to pipeline and I can't believe anyone would even attempt to surf that.
The polynesian cultural center was amazing. Although we did get rained on alot while we were there it was still a blast.



Grant and I got to go whale watching which was probobly my favorit part of the trip.
We didn't get the best pictures but we saw 2 whales jumb and show their tails a few times.
We also saw a bunch of dolphins.


We did a bunch more but I will spear you your time! We had a great time and can't wait to go again. Thanks Wendi & Eric for letting us stay with you!

7 comments:

tiare said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO fun!!!! What a great break from winter!
p.s. you are super cute!!!!

Mrs. JM said...

such a beautiful place and what a great thing to get a nice vacation before two becomes three!

Lindsey and Zach said...

I loved my Hawaii trip too,(a long time ago) but it looks the same. These pictures make me want to get out and go somewhere soon...maybe

jessi said...

How fun!!!

Kelley Rae said...

Beautiful!! And yay for some shots of that cute preggo belly!!

Sarah said...

Jealous Much - you lucky things :)

Alayna said...

I left you a comment yesterday...where did it go?? Weird.