Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ITS A BOY!!!

Here he is either telling us to be quiet or about to pick his nose, lol.
Just a cute little profile of my little sweet heart!

We finally had our ultrasound, hooray! Of course I was so anxious and nervous before hand and then on top of that I had to drink a bunch of water and not pee before the appointment. By the time we got there I thought I was going to burst. The first thing I said when I laid down was "has anyone ever peed their pants here before". She said I wouldn't be the first if I did, lol. The first thing she showed us was my bladder and it was huge. Even she thought it was too full. As she started looking at the baby she realized she wasn't going to be able to see much let alone the sex of the baby if I didn't go to the bathroom and make a little more room in there for baby. So gladly I used the restroom!!!!!!

From there on it was magical! I can't explain how crazy it is to see your baby moving and know it is happy and healthy. As the doctor moved to another position I thought I saw something that would go completely against what we though the sex of the baby was and then she started to write..."Oh BOY" on the screen and I knew I was right about what I had seen. "It's a Boy" she said and Grant's face was priceless, total shock. He was sure it was going to be a girl. Although it took awhile to really sink in that it is a boy we are so excited and can't wait for him to be here!

7 comments:

Alayna said...

When do we get to see a belly shot??

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Woo hoo!! I've seriously been waiting all week for a post because I figured you should be about 20 weeks by now. When I had my ultrasound with Kathryn, the tech told me to go empty my bladder, too...would've been easier to just not have drunk so much water and had to wait. I'm so excited for you guys...that little guy will be so cute! And I agree that we need a belly shot :)

tiare said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it's early, but have you thought of names?

Heidi said...

Oh Congrats Amy!! Boys are the BEST!! They can be such Mamma's boys. I'm excited for ya.

jessi said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for little Grant Jr. to come!!

Becky and Bryce said...

YEAH!!! So excited for you two! Little boys are INCREDIBLE! I sure love mine ;)

Kelley Rae said...

Awesome!! How exciting! Now all the fun begins since you can start picking out bedding, clothes, decor, strollers, etc. Yay!!