Thursday, November 18, 2010

Neighbors

When Grant and I moved in to our house we were a little worried because the neighborhood was so quite. We never saw anyone out and about and the rumor was that the people weren't that friendly. I am happy to report that this was far from the truth. We have fallen in love with our neighborhood and most of our neighbors. I say most because we have some really great friends and neighbors we have met and most everyone is very friendly but recently I got a bad taste in my mouth. A bunch of single guys moved in a couple houses down from us and since there are so many of them and they all have a car and a truck each and they park all over. Often in front of our drive way. The other day Grant and I were leaving to run some errands and noticed something weird. There was an old clunker truck parked in front of our house (that part has become very normal) but this time there was something coming from it and going up the side walk. We got out to check it out and it was an extension cord, we followed the cord to see what it was all about and guess where it was plugged in.......Our Front Porch!

Yep you heard/read right. They had plugged their truck into our outlet without even asking. I felt so violated and furious. Grant unplugged the cord and marched it over to their house. He knocked so hard on their door that I could hear it from inside my car. Don't get me wrong if the guy would have just rang our door bell and asked if he could plug it in for a couple hours we would have said yes, especially if it was to get his car started so he could move it. The fact is that he didn't ask he didn't even bother to let us know that he had done it. I lay in bed at night thinking of what else these guys are capable of and to be honest it kind of freaks me out!

4 comments:

Lindsey and Zach said...

why didn't they just plug it into their own house...man I would be so pissed, and that is considered STEALING so you could press charges on that one. So what happened?

tiare said...

that is REALLY messed up! i wonder if they are breaking city codes or something with parking on the streets after hours? i would check with the city.....and call in complaints. maybe if enough neighbors call in they'll wise up!

Becky and Bryce said...

SERIOUSLY! I would have been so upset. I remember when they were building the house next to ours the worker guys used our water all the time without asking. That even made me mad just because they didn't ask. What is wrong with people these days? Good luck with those wild neighbors!

DeVries Family said...

Woa!!! Sorry...I didn't think you'd mind my truck chord so much! Next time I'll definitely make Brian knock and let you know what is going on after we party that hard next door!
Man......we miss you:)