I am one of those people that starts shaking every time I have to stand in front of a crowed and speak. Yet in the last few years I have also realized my love of teaching. After my mission I wanted a break and said I would do anything but teach Gospel principles class.......yep you guessed it my first calling after the mission was Gospel principles teacher. When I moved I was again excited for the break from stressing and shaking in front of everyone while trying to give a lesson. Well I guess the Lord didn't think I needed a break because I was immediately asked to be a relief society teacher. When we moved to our new house again I had high hopes for a break, now I am the Sharing Time teacher in primary. The thing that really gets me is that Grant hasn't had a calling in the entire time I have known him, how does he get away with that? I am thankful for each calling as they have taught me a lot and helped me realize my love of teaching but this Sunday neither Grant or I will be getting a break. We have to speak in Sacrament. Our topics are Faith to endure our trials & Applying the teachings of the prophets to our life's. If any of you have any stories or ideas for either topic they would be much appreciated!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
oh i wish you luck! I don't enjoy getting up and teaching either, it is easier in primary now that I have done it for 5 years, and the last 2 I have done our primary program, but I haven't officially been up to speak in sacrament since Megan was 6 months old, she is now 7, but my poor Brent has given a talk about every year and will now get worse...he just got called to be a high councilman! Crazy. Again good luck speaking!
no comment on the talk thing... I'll think about it and try to get back to you. Although, it seems that until we really learn to love a calling, and excell in it, we don't get to be released. I have been in primary 5 years!
YAY for speaking in church!! We just had that opportunity real recently, and now that I am in the relief society presidency I have to teach often as well. It scares me, but I think I enjoy it. By the way I can't think of anything better than Joseph Smith in the Liberty Jail....if you want to find something for those topics!!
Oh and by the way, I LOVE your Halloween costumes....you guys seriously looked so good!
Argh! I just recently talked in church too (by the way, I had no idea Mern was in the RS Presidency). I do not love talking in front of people and I think we are similar in that we get so freaking nervous beforehand. But I know you and I know you will do awesome! Atleast you have a partner to help write your talk!
I still remember your homecoming talk when you got back from your mission. It was INCREDIBLE!!!! I knew you were a born teacher!!!! You'll do awesome. Wish I could come out and hear ya!
i totally feel you! i hate teaching/speaking. in my mind i think, "everyone is fact checking what i'm saying right now! they're going to come back and say what i said was incorrect!!!!" i'm lame.
if i were you i would just tell grant to prepare extra!!! ha ha.
elder uchtdorf's talk from this last conference was AWESOME (the infinite power of hope) and the best and funniest was elder wirthlin's (come what may and love it).
p.s. i know you'll be awesome...i've heard you speak and teach.
Post a Comment