A couple weeks ago Grant and I lost a close friend , Kimble, in Afghanistan. It has been a hard couple of weeks, but we have been able to witness such amazing things that only this experience could bring. We were able to be at Hill Air Force base when they brought Kimble in and I have never felt such a strong spirit. Every person whether it be a member of the military or a civilian stood along the street and either saluted or held their hand to their heart. It was so incredible to see the respect people gave to Kimble and his family for the sacrifice he made. It wasn't just on the base that Kimble and his family were given this respect. When following the hearse to the cemetery just ordinary people were pulled over standing outside their car giving respect. One group that really impressed me was a mini van that had pulled over. There outside the van was a mother and father with 3 little kids(I am sure under the age of 8) standing there with their hands over their hearts. The funeral was on Halloween so the 3 kids were dressed in their costumes (1 mummy, 1 witch, and one dinosaur). They were going about there day and I am sure busy trying to get somewhere but they stopped to thank a soldier that had sacrificed for them. What a great lesson they were teaching their children and what a great lesson they taught me! I want to thank all those service men out there and their family, we are so thankful for what you do!!!!!
Kimble we Love and Miss you!!!




8 comments:
this post totally just made me cry! i am so glad to see that people still respect and honor the men and women who serve us. a very sober situation, but how wonderful to see it.
sad. i'm sorry. my cousin was the mortician for the guys that were killed there a few weeks ago. he had only been there a couple of weeks himself, his first assignment. he's so young. i can't imagine what they go through. we're lucky.
Sorry about your friend. What an awesome experience. It touched me the response of all those people. I hope I can be like that. AMAZING!
Wow, what an experience. I felt the Spirit just reading that. We are so sorry for your loss. Interesting how Heavenly Father shows us tender mercies even on the days that we mourn and bury loved ones...just to remind us that He's there and with us.
What a neat post Amy. It brought some tears to my eyes. I hope I can teach my children of the importance of our country and the sacrifices that have been made for them. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Wow! That is amazing and truly humbling. Thanks for sharing!!! HOpe you are coping well.
So SORRY!! What an incredible man!
Kimble was a great guy. I feel lucky to have known him. Give his family our love.
Post a Comment