Saturday, November 7, 2009

Weeding

When we first moved into the house our HOA told us they were going to hold some money until we did a few things in our yard. We had to pull all the weeds, mow the lawn, and stain the fence. As you all know I have a major fear of spiders and any other crawly things. Our weeds were about my size and all over the yard including 2 rock retaining walls. Our neighbors said they found tons of big scary spiders in their wall so I was terrified. My wonderful husband decided he would tackle all this work on his own and spare me from my fear. He spent about a week pulling weeds at night after work and Saturdays. We ended up with over 15 garbage bags and 2 garbage cans of weeds. Grant is now tackling the fence. I am so thankful for him and for him not making me help! I keep the inside nice and clean and have started painting our living room while he is out concurring the yard!




4 comments:

E Terry said...

You have a great hubby there!

Becky and Bryce said...

Wow he ROCKS, and you got BIG ROCKs. (okay it's late whatever!) You two are soooo cute! m You need to have a shower or some kind of gathering at the new home so we can come see it!

Marianne and Matt said...

what a good husband you have. THat should be his job....always.

DeVries Family said...

YIKES!! Like I said, call them shade trees and say that they are intentionally there!