Thursday, June 10, 2010

33 Weeks

I have to admit I am not sure I ever really believed this time would come. This has all seemed so unreal. Now that I am what I consider huge, it is sinking in. There really hasn't been much for me to complain about I have been pretty lucky not getting to sick in the beginning and having a relatively easy pregnancy. I did although complain that the weather wouldn't warm up and boy am I regretting that now. Now that I am hot and my feet and hands are swollen I wish it would have stayed a lot cooler. Speaking of swelling, this is something I expected, something I knew would come but I didn't expect to be so discouraged by it. I have never had much of a great body image but I have always felt like my legs were something I didn't hate about my body. The other day I looked down and started to cry as I realized that is not the case at least for the next couple months. That my ankles and feet now looked like Will Smith in the move Hitch. I know that sounds so stupid and it is definitely something I am willing to give up for a couple of months for little Chandler but I have to admit it was hard to see and is still hard to look at!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Yes, we give up a lot for our beloved children. Your ankles will go down again, and you know take this time to take it easy. Love ya You are adorable...

Lindsey and Zach said...

Oh man, that sucks...I was lucky enough to avoid swollen feet and legs some how, especially when I had been on my feet the whole day working when I was Prego with Alyda. Maybe this time I won't be so lucky. I know we need to get together soon, Zach is gone again next week and I am all alone once again so I will call you!

tiare said...

You are gorgeous! Seriously!!!!

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Amen sister! Remember how I looked my last 2 months with Kathryn? I was HUGE! This time around I didn't swell until the day of my induction, and I was actually more swollen afterwards! I wasn't expecting that, and it made me cry, too. But it WILL go away. Just put up your feet as much as you can, drink tons of water, and try to sleep on your left side with a pillow between the knees to help with circulation...I swear that helped me so much this time around.

Heidi said...

You look beautiful in your picture...look at that perfectly round little belly and just think of the cute little gift inside :)

Loves!

DeVries Family said...

TOTALLY worth fat ankles!!!!!
Don't let em fool you... your body will never be the same, but oh well!!! You get to be Chandler's mommy FOREVER!!! (Fat ankle and ALL! Teeheee!!)
Man I miss you! I need one of those good Sunday School laughs... you busy Sunday at 2???

Seriously, you are a HOT MAMMA!!!!
Grant is a LUCKY man and if he doesn't know it, I'll help him out...

Mrs. JM said...

you look great amy! i got so used to the swelling that i was actually surprised to see i had bones in my feet once it went down! i'd forgotten all about them ... lol. (i couldn't even get slippers on my feet with first pregnancy!)

not much longer! so excited for you.

Alayna said...

LOVE IT!!! You look awesome!

Kelley Rae said...

So worth it though - once Chandler gets here you'll forget all about it! I bet you're getting so excited though, love every minute of this time with your baby.

DeVries Family said...

OOPS!!! I FORGOT!!!

Awww...Amy, why you so down??? Looks like you got the blues!
Don't be sad girl! You DO look GREAT!

Teeheehee...get it? The blues???
Maybe it's just my computer screen, but your head looks blue!

Wendi and Eric said...

You look so good! But I feel your pain remembering being pregnant with Pearce and swollen. But you only have the most 39 days! yeah!

P.S. I started posting pictures form out Toronto Trip!