Monday, July 28, 2008

House Guests

Grant & I got a little taste of what it would be like to have 10 kids........and I don't think it would be a good thing for us, lol. My mom is watching my brothers 5 kids while they are in Chicago looking for a home. She needed to go to Ogden on Saturday so she dropped the 5 kids off to spend the day at our pool. My sister, Heidi, also came over with her 2 kids and my cousin, Cindy, dropped off 3 of her kids. While swimming I kept doing counts to make sure everyone was still there, luckily we didn't lose anyone. Heidi brought her snowy machine and we became the hit of the pool as we shared with everyone there. After about 3 hours we were all exhausted and my shoulders were crispy. We took them all back to our "little" condo and attempted to get them all dressed and keep them entertained until they were picked up. At one point we just had Chase, Buba, and Tessa in the kitchen with Grant and I and they were jumping around all excited to talk to Grant about Transformers. I just looked at Grant and said…"this is our life if we have triplets". Let’s pray that doesn’t happen:) Anyway it turned out to be a lot of fun. At one point Buba, who is 4, told us that we needed to go buy some toys so they had stuff to play with when they came over. I told them we didn't have the money to buy toys for kids we don't have and now he calls us "poor". I guess poor works, at least this way they won't expect much from us!

5 comments:

E Terry said...

It sounds like you had a BLAST!!! Ok so one is A LOT easier then TEN - just so you know for future planning haha! In answer to your comments... I'm going to update very soon! We spent the weekend camping and on Shawn's family Ranch so pictures are coming... As far as Bear Lake goes I'm not sure if I'll make it this year... we may have to try that stunt next year LOL!!!

Wendi and Eric said...

Hey thanks for blogging us! Connor will be in England for his Dad's sisters sons wedding and then touring Europe. Have you checked out the movie (in wephillips flixs)of the boys swimming yet? wondering if it works. love you guys.

E Terry said...

Ok so the more I think about it, the more I want to take Kason to Bear Lake! I think he would have a lot of fun. Shawn can't take any time off but maybe I'll try to convince him to go up Saturday and Sunday. I just need to figure out where to sleep Saturday night or maybe we'll just come up early Sunday morning and leave later that night. Anyway, have a great day! :)

Noel Family said...

Hey Amy! Thanks, we think Mason's pretty dang cute too :)How's married life?

Becky and Bryce said...

That's awesome. I remember when Bryce and I were "childless" we used to take all his nephews and neice (6 at the time) and have sleepovers with them. The next day I would swear off having children. My mom used to always say... "you get them one at a time, and when they're babies, they'll grow on ya!!!"