Thursday, March 26, 2009

MORE TO COME

Last Thursday I got a voice message at work from the CEOof my company... The message basically said we were not doing great and something had to be done in order to keep the company afloat and then at the end he said "more to come"... Don't you just love the words "more to come", well I do when it means more food on its way or more time with your family coming but hearing "more to come" this time wasn't exactly a good thing.

Today the "more" came! I just got off a phone call with my boss where I was told that the entire company will be getting a salary reduction. Because of the salary bracket that I am in I will be getting a 5% reduction. It is kind of crazy because I am not upset about it at all. I feel BLESSED to still have my job at all and glad they are trying this before they layoff more people. I also feel blessed that Grant and I are in a situation where we can handle a 5% salary reduction, not ideal but we can make it work.

I wish I could say that this is all the "more" there was but I was also told that there is still a possibility of layoffs depending on how everything else they are doing goes. I will just be happy for now that I have my job and work my butt off to prove how valuable I am so there is no chance for a layoff!

7 comments:

E Terry said...

Wow, Amy! I'm so sorry you have to face all of that but you have an AMAZING attitude with it all!!!

Staci said...

Bummer - I am glad that you are staying positive. It is definitly a blessing to have a job these days. I will pray that you dont get hit by the next 'more' that might happen at your job!

Alayna said...

I HATE THE ECONOMY! But you do have the most positive attitude about it. Can I just tell you that I got in trouble the other day at work because I have a bad attitude. I guess I need to take some advice from you...

Kelley Rae said...

Terrible news - but great that you have such a good attitude about it. I don't know if I'd be as positive after hearing that news. Hope it all works out in the end!

Miss Amanda said...

Amy, I feel your pain. They have done the same thing with USU. We had to take 5 days off with no pay, which is being taken out of our paychecks for the next four months. It makes a HUGE difference. But like you, I am very grateful to still have my job. I would take a pay cut any day over loosing a job. We can have a good attitude together!

Marianne and Matt said...

Amy, what a bright little light you are. So full of happiness and optimisum. I just love you to death:)

Becky and Bryce said...

I'm happy you still have your job too!!!! You're awesome I just love ya!