Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Little of Everything

This weekend we tried to fit a little of everything in and we may have bit off more then we could chew but we sure had fun doing it!

Friday night we went camping shopping with Staci and we are now proud owners of a tent, this means more camping trips hooray! Saturday morning Grant got up at 5:30(otherwise knows as the butt crack of dawn) and headed out to golf while I worked on touching up our latest project, painting our cabinets black (more to come). Staci picked me up at 8am and we finished getting ready for our first camping trip of the year. We visited the grave sites of my Grandma and Grandpa before we picked Grant up from golfing and headed up the canyon. After getting settled we went on a long 4 wheeler ride. It was so fun and not to mention gorgeous. It was so fun to take Grant up there for the first time(at least first time with no snow). That night I really became a true camper since without my mom and dad there we had to make our own dutch oven dinner. I made chicken and my brother did potatoes I think it turned out great! I am a really camper now, lol. Sadly the rest of the trip was full of rain. We all ended up in our tents yelling from tent to tent about how much we hatted the rain. Needles to say we cut the trip short and went home a day early to get out of the rain.
Once home we again worked on our cabinets which are now getting close to done(who knew it was so much work to completely redo your cabinets). Monday morning Grant got up for more golfing and I worked on the cabinets a little more before my sister and her kids came over for some fun in the sun. It was so nice to lay by the pool and relax although I am paying for it now since I am fried like a crispy cream donut! We ended the Holiday weekend having dinner with Heidi and Jason and of course working more on our cabinets(some day they will be done, at least I hope so!)









5 comments:

jessi said...

How fun! We should go camping together, we just bought a pop up trailer last week, and we are planning many camping trips!!!

Sarah said...

Wow - that sounds like a great weekend - I wish I was able to camp and not spend the entire weekend on my bathroom - BORING!!!
I can't wait to see your cabinets - they're looking good already and BTW I'm totaly jealous of that awesome tent!!!

Alayna said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Can't wait to see your cutest face tomorrow!!!

Marianne and Matt said...

Love the tent, and can't wait to see the finished product of your cabinets!

tiare said...

oh my heck! re-finishing woodwork kicks! it seriously takes FOREVER!
i just got done with my table and chairs and cried afterwards......
can't wait to see the final product!