Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4th of July

Grant's parents came to visit the weekend of the 4th.
Friday Grant took his dad golfing with my dad and they had a great time and loved the course. While they went golfing I took mom to my favorite store, Rod Works! That night we went to dinner with my parents and decided to walk through the gardens at Thanksgiving Point. Of course I didn't have a camera but we had a great time, the gardens are gorgeous!
Saturday, the 4th, we all hoped in the car for a drive up North to the Parade of homes. If you have never been to a parade of homes I highly recommend it. This one was up in the Ogden area which meant we ended up in Liberty. One of my best friends has a cabin in Liberty and being there brought back so many memories of the great times we had there. The entire time we were there I was talking about all the times we spent there. That night we headed up the mountain behind our house to watch the fire works. The mosquitoes were horrible so we ended up watching from in our car. All in all we had a great weekend and can't wait tell mom and dad visit again!


Watching fireworks from the car.

the beautiful city of Liberty!




6 comments:

jessi said...

How fun! We need to get together again! I am thinking of doing a dinner one night.... do you have any ideas or open night?

Alayna said...

I too enjoyed watching fireworks in my old stopping grounds (aka Utah), but I am with you...the mosquitoes were horrific! I still have some bites left. Oh well. Glad you had fun!

Sarah said...

That sounds like a really fun weekend - now we're all waiting for the camping trip :) Is it me or have the bugs been really bad this year!

Kelley Rae said...

I've never been to Liberty - looks beautiful. And as much as I love the parade of homes I always leave feeling sorry for myself. I guess I just have to wait patiently for that mansion in heaven.

Marianne and Matt said...

Well now you have made me really homesick..thanks:) No really though, as soon as I get back to Utah we will have a weekend girls getaway at the good ol' cabin. CAN'T WAIT!

Wendy Noel said...

you should of come down to the Liberty park. the Whole Noel family (minus Matt and Marianne) were there all day. it would have been fun to see you!!