"Can the two of you meet with someone in the bishopric today" is never a good phrase to hear, but that is how our Sunday began. As soon as we agreed our minds started rolling. What was it going to be about, etc. When we sat down I was shocked to hear him say "well Sister Piller, we are releasing you". Its true I have been the Sharing Time Specialist for over a year now but I loved that job. Grant and I were then both called to the activities committee, not that exciting. Don't get me wrong I am sure it will be great but I don't understand why they had to release me from the other job. I could do 2 things, Grant is a teacher and now also on the activities committee. Anyway I actually think I am really going to like getting to go to Relief Society every Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
What is a sharing time specialist? I think I need to know because I was just called as the second counselor in the primary presidency and yes already I have to do sharing time three times this month...can you help me?
A sharing time specialist is the person that does sharing time once a month or twice if there is 5 weeks. I was also in charge of calling the class that was in charge of sharing time and reminding them about it. It is one of those callings that they don't have in most wards. Usually the second counselor is over shareing time and the presidency usually takes turns teaching once a month but my ward was different. I am excited for you! I have lots of ideas if you need any!
Relief Society Schmrelief Schmsociety. It's not all it's cracked up to be...
Sad you got released, but I think you guys would be SO FUN to have on an activities committee!!
Good luck!
i think RS is overrated! YW and primary is definitely where it's at!!!! that's lame. you could totally have done both. i feel bad for grant. i think if you're a teacher you should ONLY have that calling.
Funny, I didn't know you did the sharing time. Awesome, I can ask you for ideas.
I haven't been to RS in 5 years. Crazy, I don't know anything about RS.
You guys will be great for the activities committee. You are so creative. Have fun.
I'm sorry you got released - it's never fun to be released from something you love. But I'm sure you guys will have fun with the activities committee.
Post a Comment