Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Friends

Friends are something I have always held pretty dear to me. There are 6 girls that I grew up with and stayed close with throughout the years. Most of them I have known since I was in diapers. When we were younger we were together every minute but as we all get older staying close has proven to be a little more difficult. We live all over the place from Utah and Arizona to Florida and all of us have our families and jobs to keep us busy. This year for Christmas our 2 friends that are in Arizona and Florida came to Utah and after a lot of phone calls we planned a get together, this would be the first time we were all together since.....Sadly I couldn't tell you when we were together (maybe Marianne's baby shower). Anyways I have had the opportunity to spend time with each of them and I have remembered how important they all are to me. I am who I am because of them, don't get me wrong none of us are perfect we have had our disagreements and even fights but truly I wouldn't trade one of the moments we have had together. It is funny how time changes us, we have gone from late nights country dancing and talking about boys to folding laundry and talking about whether we like Costco or Sam's club better. No matter how we change and grow we can still have a great time together and here are some of the great times we had this past visit...

These are not the greatest pictures but we had a blast at Heathers house on New Years Eve playing DDR on the Wii...



New Years Day Alayna came with us to Henefer for some fun in the snow








Our Friend get together...




Lunch with some of my favorite girls

Last but not least...Craft night!

8 comments:

Miss Amanda said...

You are so lucky to grow up with the most amazing girls I know! How fun to get together with the whole gang again...it is really hard sometimes to pull that off with everyones schedule. Glad you had a good time...

Emily said...

That is so sweet. I only wish I could have been there... hope I would have been included in that sweet memoir. ps check out my blog

Alayna said...

Aww...I love it! But WHY did you have to post the picture of the biggest girls' butt next to the little girls' butt? ARGH!!!

If that isn't diet motivation...I don't know what is!

Marianne and Matt said...

I'm so happy to be one of your favorite friends!! Becaue your one of mine too!! Love the pics. Next year can I be a part of craft night?:)

Lindsey and Zach said...

Oh Amykins I love you to death and I hope when you have kids you will want to hang out with me more cause I miss our fun times...Thanks for always being there for me!!! Love ya

jessi said...

I love you! You are the best!! You have been there for me so much during my life, and I am so grateful that I have you as one of my best friends. Hey... can I be invited to craft night too??? :) Actually I was going to see if all the girls wanted to start craft night every other month? Let me know what you think?!

DeVries Family said...

How fun! All i can say is that they are some petty lucky ladies to have "grown up" with you!
You are SOOO funny!
And...is that a picture of Grant or Wade the Craft Guy from Channel
2 News?

Wendi and Eric said...

Hey, Pearce loves the picture spotlight on him as your nephew.