Today as I was sitting in the Redwood construction traffic I started reminiscing about all the great car fun I have had in my life:
First we have the famous Brown Bear. This one had a tendency to just stop running, you could be anywhere like maybe an intersection at the mall (remember that one Marianne?). The great thing was that you could get out, open the hood and jiggle something in the engine and it would start right back up. If only that had worked at the mall that day...
Then there is the white Mercury other wise known as Bertha. She was a beauty that also liked to stop running unless you had your foot on the gas. Every stop light or stop sign I had to have one foot on the gas and one on the break reeving the engine while I waited for the green light. Oh how I miss the great looks I would get from the people next to me:). Bertha was also a very thirsty car, at least once a day I had to fill her up with water, I usually filled her up while siting on the side of the road while she smoked like crazy from over heating.
My $10 Jeta is defiantly a favorite. My brother-in-law sold it to me for $10 and to tell you the truth I don't even think I ever paid him the $10, oops. This one had a few issues I am pretty sure it was schizophrenic. First it had window wipers that liked to fight. It would be a rainy or snowy day and the wipers would start off great but a few wipes in they started to compete and one would go to the other side until one was straight up in the air and the other was hanging of the side of the car or they would end up tangled together right in front of me. I can't tell you how many times I had to pull over and fix those things they just couldn't get along! The doors also choose when they wanted to work and of course when I was on a date(girls choice dance so I was driving) they choose not to work. They were frozen shut....we ended up crawling through a window to get in.
My dream truck, my Tundra. I loved that thing and still miss it to this day. It was so good to me, well until I decided it was time to sell it(remember the gas prices). Once I decided to sell it, it decided to get a leak in the caliper. This meant that every time I braked the truck would take a sharp right turn. Oh how fun the first time it happened was as I was driving down the freeway and went plowing into the other lane, oh how terrified I was!
Some may remember an earlier blog from a trip we took to St. George and the fun car ride home. If not click here to read all about the fun we had with the green machine:)http://pillerfamily.blogspot.com/2008/09/21.html
Now I have my new white Pilot that I love. It is my first car I have ever owned brand new, very exciting! I can't wait for all the adventures it will take me on. Hopefully different from the adventures the others took me on!
Although most of the experiences with these cars were horrifying when they were happening I love having the memories to look back at. I have been lucky to have these cars and am thankful for the fun I had with each and everyone of them:)
Friday, April 24, 2009
Cars
Posted by Amy Piller at 9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are so funny! Cars are way important! I bet your Pilot is really cute! I didn't start driving until half way through my senior year.. It's a long story. But to get Wicked tickets 2 hours before every showing they sell 20 tickets for $25. THey are awesome seats too. I have been about 6 or 7 times and haven't won yet but I'm gonna keep trying!
Love it! Hey, we need to get together sometime! I'm going through "Hill Side" withdraws!!!
I would love to do that! I'd say Saturday's (Sunday's are ok too)are the best for us and we could do it any Saturday, except the Saturday before Mother's Day (the 8th or 9th I think). Ok I just said Saturday a lot there haha! Would this be a "bring your kids too" thing? Cause we could probably get Shawn's brother and wife to watch Kason if needed...
Wait, I am still laughing...those are some great car stories. So where are the Pilot pictures? I have been waiting....
And thanks for the push to stop procrastinating and blog already.
Great memories. It's kinda like we have switched places. I always had a reliable car and now neither of ours are. You never had one and now you do!! Life is funny. I am so happy for you. Everytime I see a Honda Pilot I think of you. Although I am also still waiting for pictures.
Post a Comment