The 3rd and 4th day of our trip was spent in Kitchener, Canada. This was on of my favorite parts of the trip because this is where Grant was born and lived until he was 12 or 13 (everyone I ask says he was a different age when they moved so I will go with somewhere between 12 and 13). The first day in Kitchener was the big 80th birthday surprise party for Grant's Gramme, the whole reason we were even in Canada. I loved Gramme's face when she walked into the room and then scanned over to us. The first thing she said was "Grant". I guess she was surprised that so many people had come from all over for her big day. Grant's dad put the party together and he did a great job. I have to say the chocolate cake for desert was to die for. Eric (brother-in-law) and I even requested seconds! Everyone there had a story to tell me about Grant growing up and the first thing everyone commented on was how tall he was.


The next day we went to church with Gramme and again everyone was so excited to see the family. Grant even ran into an old companion from his mission (small world). After the 1st hour we ditched out to drive around the town and see the sites where Grant and Wendi grew up...This is the house they grew up in and the basketball hoop he remembers playing on for hours, he can now touch the hoop.





0 comments:
Post a Comment