So as most of you know I am sort of a scardycat (is that even a word? Oh well it works for me). It is so bad that Grant knows if we are invited to a scary movie to say we can’t go before even talking to me about it. All of this is ok with me, it makes sense to me to be scared during scary movies or being all alone in the dark, it is things like working in my well lit home in the middle of the day and laying in bed (next to my husband) trying to go to sleep that shouldn't’t be scaring me and yet they are. This may come from my childhood weekends when Marianne and I would spend every Friday night in one of our empty dark houses with pizza and America’s Most Wanted. It could also be the countless times we spent our weekends watching the Changeling over and over again or even the time all my friends hid in the attic to scare me. I am hoping that it is just the fact that we have a new house with new noises and that this fear will soon go away. Every noise I hear I jump wondering “What was that” “Was it someone in my house” “Was it someone outside my house” “was it someone trying to get in my house”. I know it all sounds so pathetic but it is true I am scared of my own house. Please someone out there tell me that they went through the same thing when they moved into somewhere new and didn't quit know all the little noises yet… anyone anyone…
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
i'm the worst. i am afraid of spiders, the boogeyman, and the dark!!!! when we moved here, i couldn't sleep an hour straight without hearing some strange noise and waking up. i had (and still have)those same thoughts you do! for sure someone is breaking in our house!!! oh wait, that was just the air turning on....etc.
hopefully you'll get some sleep. just so you know, i feel for you!!!!
It takes a little while to recognize all the new noises in a house. Give it a few weeks and you'll be fine! If it would help kev can set up video cameras around your house so you can see what is going on outside. :) we have it all around our house :)
I remember spending the first night in my new house by myself and freaking out. I was so excited to be in my house, yet not sure what to expect. Soon all of the noises went away (meaning I got used to them)...but I still find myself scared on ocassion. Prayer really helps at those moments.
By the way, for those of us unfortunates that do not live in Utah...you should post some pics of the new place! I am curious...
don't even worry. i have a hard time walking by our walk-in closet at night cuz i think someone/something will jump out. i think i'm crazy half the time. i've even got up in the middle of the night thinking i've heard a noise... then i have to check the door to make sure it's locked and make sure kai's still in his bed and not kidnapped. and there are even times i can't handle it and i send chris to check it out for me. and i've lived in this house for over 2 years. so it's not just you. i'm a bit paranoid myself.
That's funny! I scare myself too! It's probably because your used to hearing "The bed" upstairs and aren't used to what actual quiet sounds like! ;) You're too cute!
ps Where is the "Picture" of the new house?
Boy, did that bring back memories of moving into our 1st home. In San Diego we only needed wall heaters. But in Canada we had a "huge" gas furnace in our basement. Took me many months to stop dreamming or to stop listening and wondering if the furnace in our basement was going to "blowUp"
I do understand exactly what you're going through Amy. :o) Good news - those scary and creepy feelings will go away. (or atleast once you figure out where all the noises are coming from) chuckle
We have CRAZY noises where we live and now I don't even notice them!! I remember those Amerca's most wanted days. I can't believe we loved to watch that show....it's funny now that I am older it freaks me out more. I have become more of a wimp about scary movies and stuff since becoming a mother!!
By the way....are you going to have a party at your house when I am out there visiting?
Post a Comment