Friday, October 16, 2009

TORONTO CANADA

We have been back from Canada for well over a week now but I just can't go with out posting about it...

Getting to Canada was quite the adventure. What is it about traveling that seems to make blood boil and tempers rise? Once we were on the plane the blood seemed to stop boiling but then the actual flying started. Normally I enjoy flying, even long flights, it is exciting because I don't do it all that often. This flight was different...We left SLC at 11:59 which meant it was a red eye. About 5 minutes into the flight my stomach started hurting, not your regular stomach ache either this was incredibly sharp pains through my entire middle section. The fact that I was crammed on a little plane in between 2 large men didn't help. About mid way through the flight I looked over at Grant and he was white as a sheet. The stomach ache was now plaguing both of us. We finally reached New York and boarded another plane headed to Toronto. Both our stomachs were starting to feel better and we were able to sleep the entire second flight. Once we touched down in Toronto we got our car and headed to the hotel. The tom tom we had borrowed to help us find our way didn't work so well, turns out it wasn't programmed to work in other countries(who knew). Thankfully we did find our way and I found the funniest sign. They were doing construction on the free way (looks like we are not the only place that always has road construction) and the 3 lanes merged into 2 lanes. Instead of a sign that said MERGE it said SQUEEZE. I tried to get a picture but by the time I got my camera out it was to late. I spent the rest of the trip trying to find another SQUEEZE sign, but had no luck. After a nice nap we met up with Grant's sister and brother-in-law. This was great, they live in Hawaii so we never see them and I think I have spent a total of maybe 2 days with Grant's sister and even less with her husband. We spend the day just walking through the city and searching for a place to eat. I didn't get many pictures, I am hoping Wendy will be sending me hers soon:) Here is what I have of our first day in Toronto.


view from our room

the lobby, I liked these flowers for some reason.

Our second day in Toronto we did some more exploring of the city
Pearce climbing the CNTower

View from the tower

The glass floor, I stood on it just long enough to take this picture. It was creepy, Grant wouldn't even go on it.


Hockey Hall of Fame
Stay tuned for more on the Canada trip.

5 comments:

Kylen and Adrienne said...

FUN! Looks like it was awesome! So did you get to go to NY and see Palmyra? I can't remember exactly, but it seemed like you were going to try and go there. I'm glad you guys didn't get more sick on the plane...I had a full out food poisoning episode back when they served dinner on the plane. Yuck!

Alayna said...

Oh how I've missed your blogs...

Glad to see that you are alive and glad that you had fun in CANADA! LOVE that place!

How's the moving situation??

Jennifer said...

I am still so sad that I was not able to see you while you were here, actually a day before we were going to meet my plans changed but I had not idea how to get a hold of you. So NEXT time you are in Canada you are coming over!!!!

So what did you think of my new home? Where was your hotel? Looks like a scary part of town, I hope you were not in Scarborough.

Marianne and Matt said...

if traveling makes your blood boil now, then I can't wait until you have a screaming child with you that is pooping all over the place....anyway, I am not a fan of traveling with twins.

looks like you had fun though. Glad you didn't get too sick. Can't wait for more pictures, I have really missed your blog:(

tiare said...

sounds like fun! i CAN NOT believe you stood on that glass platform!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!