I am feeling very broken and I know exactly what broke me...pregnancy and delivery. Don't get me wrong I understand there are some things after having a baby that will never be the same and I am aware that there are some things such as my weight that with some work can be even better then before pregnancy but there are some things that I didn't expect. Things I would really like to fix and am willing to do what it takes to put me back together again!
This past Saturday we attended my cousin's wedding. It was an big Spanish party with lots of dancing. I am not much of a dancer at least not when it comes to having to do it in front of my family, but when they asked all the women to come up and do a transitional dance around the bride and groom I figured I could since all the other women in my family were. As soon as it started I knew it was a bad idea! You see one of the things broken on me is my bladder or at least the control of it. (This is where many of you can stop reading because I am sure it is way to much information but of course I am writing it anyway). The dance wasn't a simple dance around the bride and groom it was a bunch of women holding hands and running as fast as they could around the room. We were weaving in and out of tables, people, and of course around the bride and groom. The entire time I was panicked wondering how I was going to get out of this with out everyone seeing something running down my leg. Finally my mom, who was in front of me ran into a chair and broke the train I figured this was the perfect escape and darted out of the room and straight to the bathroom. After a lot of laughing with my cousin that I grabbed on my way to the bathroom I wanted to cry. I may not be much of a dancer but I would certainly like to be able to do it with out peeing my pants and I would also like to do things like sneeze, cough, exercise, etc!
I am writing this in hopes that there is someone out there with a similar story that has a fix to my problem. Anyone anyone?
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Broken
Posted by Amy Piller at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Man, that sounds hard. Well, I don't have any real fixes for that, but just wanted you to know you're not alone. I'm having issues with my lower digestive tract...seems like internal hemmorhoids, but not sure yet until I get into the gastroenterologist at the end of the month. Funny, nothing was wrong until AFTER having the baby! I can somewhat understand what you're going through. Hang in there!
no worries amy. not everyone has that issue. but many, if not most people do right after the baby. slowly control comes back. it does take time and a few kegle exercises. you may not be exactly in control, as you were for the last 20 some odd years. but you'll at least be able to dance. just give it some time. no worries :)
Amy, sorry about the issue you are having. I know that it sucks. Here is a VERY interesting article, maybe it will give you some hints. You wont be "broken" forever, you will get back to your old self!! Love you friend!
http://mamasweat.blogspot.com/2010/05/pelvic-floor-party-kegels-are-not.html
let us sing the michael jackson hit "you are not alone." you have to do those kegels amy and be patient. time.
the muscles get stronger as the tummy gets smaller and the skin gets tighter.
this same problem is what made me most nervous about signing up to run the big race. eventually though, the running made "it" stronger and i don't have an issue while running anymore. after brooklyn i trained with a personal trainer who was fresh out of highschool (or so it felt). she did not understand why i would always refuse jumping jacks, jump rope, knee tucks etc.
you're not broken. *wink*
Yeah I have never been the same either after having Alyda and now being prego again,and in fact the other day I did pee while sneezing...but it is about the kegal exercises, really that can re-build those muscles right back up!! Believe you are not alone in these issues Amers, Love ya!
Love your post! I always say, "One sneeze and simply crossing my legs should be okay. Two sneezes and we're getting dicey. Three sneezes and it's too late!"
Kegels do help, but I'll never do jumping jacks!
Interesting you should say that because just this morning I pee'd myself when I sneezed and I don't even have a baby as an excuse. It happens to the best of us my friend. So just smile and know that you are not alone! LOVE YOU!!!
you are not alone! I have had the same problem and like everyone has said, kegel exercises will help in time, be patient. My doc told me to especially do them while preggo, it can even help with delivery. I would go exercise in the mornings and on some days I would even wear a pad so that would catch whatever I couldn't control (soooo embarressing!) but now it is much better, I still have a few problems but after 4 kids...I can't complain to much. try and do the kegels, while you are driving, making dinner, eating, you can do them anytime anywhere, my doc said 3 times a day, 3 reps of 10 for a full month and things will get better. Good luck and hang in there!!! your little man is adorable!
kegels ladies! do them... they are so important. Oh how I need them!
Post a Comment