I have been dieing to see Mama Mia so last weekend Grant finally said he would take me to see it. I was talking to some girls at work and they informed me that it would be better if I go with girls or I might feel a little stupid. So I told Grant that I would make a girls night and go with my mom and sisters. So last Thursday my mom and my sisters planned for a great night at the movies. Staci was flying in at 8:30 so we planned for the 9:45 show. My mom decided to take Grant and me to dinner before she picked Staci up from the airport and Grant decided he would be bored alone all night so he decided he would come along. I have to tell ya I was a little worried, I told him over and over that he wasn't aloud to make fun of the movie or us the entire night! For anyone who has not yet seen Mama Mia.....you are missing out. I loved it! It was so fun we were laughing the entire time and there was no way to stop yourself from tapping your feet along with the music. I even caught Grant singing along a few times. The night ended up being perfect, spending time with my sisters and hubby. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a very long time. Thanks for the great night girls...and Grant!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Amy...I saw Mamma Mia last weekend and LOVED IT!!! It was so great that my friend and I will see it again at the cheap seats. What a trooper of Grant to go. When I went their were probably 2 or 3 guys in the theater too, but they all seemed to enjoy it too. Very good movie!
My mom and Wendy and I all went when we were in Utah, and we loved it. At the end everyone was laughing and clapping and singing it was so fun. Then when Matt's mom came out to visit we went together again. She loved it. At the end this old lady stood up in front of everyone and started dancing and trying to get everyone to dance. Her husband finally had to pull her out of the theatre, it was hilarious. glad you got to go!
Count your "In-Laws" as loving Momma Mia also! Grant's dad ended up coming with me and a couple of the girls also and "We Just Loved It" In fact he was telling some of the guys to go.
Haven't seen it but I guess I will have to now. Mine will definitely be a girls night though. Mark will go see musicals and such but I think Mama Mia might be a little over his tolerance threshold :) But if Grant liked it there might be a chance!
How fun! We went to Vegas for part of our honeymoon and went and saw the Blue Man Group (AWESOME I might add). The next day we went to a big electronics store and I was trying to look to see if they had a "Blue Man Group Soundtrack." I couldn't find one but instead found the Mama Mia soundtrack. I love ABBA so I thought it would be a fun cd so I got it. Who buys a soundtrack without seeing the movie/play?!?! HAHA I know kinda dumb, but oh well. So now I totally want to go see the movie so I can understand the cd a little more! But I really don't think I can drag Shawn to it haha!
Sounds like fun! I luv your new blog look!
Ahhhh, me and my Sis's went last week too. WE LOVE IT!!! such a fun thing to do with those Sisters and Mom.
Post a Comment