Sunday, August 24, 2008

Zoorific

I have been dieing to go to the zoo since last summer and this is the last year they will have the white alligator so I was determined to go. Grant usually goes golfing on Saturday mornings so I didn't know if we would ever get to go but when I asked if he would want to he said sure and gave up a Saturday of golf to take his wife to the zoo! (thank you babe!).


The famous white alligator(it has blue eyes and freckles)


After its nap the Gorilla posed perfectly for our photo.

Grant and the Giraffe. They just had a baby one that was oh so cute!

We went to the bird show that was by far our favorite part. The birds fly right over your heads it feels like they are going to hit you.


Lets face it we all know I am not a spider fan, I didn't even like climbing on this fake one for Grant's brilliant photo idea.


This is the Red Panda, isn't she cute? This is the one animal Grant wanted to take home. He always says he wont get me a dog or a bunny but this he could live with, I just don't get it. lol

As if a day at the zoo wasn't enough Grant also took me to breakfast that morning before the zoo and then to Mimi's Cafe for lunch after words. We then headed down to the Acura dealership to test drive what we think will be Grant's new car soon. After that we spent a little time at my parents while Grant and my dad watched the Olympics and I chatted with my mom. Next we headed of to Lindsey and Zach's. We had planned to go to the Rib festival but once we got down town we found out it wasn't exactly what we had expected. We ended up back at their house for a night of Subway food and games. It was a great Saturday and most likely the only one this summer I will get to spend fully with Grant, next week he will be back to his golf game:)

11 comments:

Alayna said...

Sounds like a fun day! I sure wish I had a husband, or a man, to take me to the zoo, to breakfast, to lunch, etc...

mom said...

Fun!

I've never seen a "red Panda" before.

Love you both!

momp

p.s. Connor has "BATMAN" back! And he remembers Connor!!! Yahoo!

Kelley Rae said...

So nice that you get pampered like that - a whole day with your hubby. Maybe you should keep waiting on the baby thing just so you can enjoy more days like this! :) Even though you two would make a pretty cute baby!

Wendi and Eric said...

What a fun day. Utah has a great Zoo. We may have to go if we ever get to visit you. I wish you were coming down to AZ at thanksgiving cause we will be there. Maybe we can come to you. Will see. thanks for blogging. Hugs Wendi

Wendi and Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megane said...

Sounds like a great day.
We went to that zoo and saw the alligator when we were back visiting in June. That was the Only picture I was able to get before my camera died! It is a good zoo, about 10 times bigger than our zoo here! and how nice not to have to prepare a meal for a whole day! Oh I wish!!!!

E Terry said...

Hey there! Sorry I didn't respond earlier - we went camping over the weekend (I'll post about it later today). I don't have Kelley's e-mail address but what I did was went into the dimond website and on her page if you scroll down a bit you'll see something like "my blog" or something like that then I just responded to that. I DIDN'T know Jamie was getting married!!! WOW that's great! Do you know when the date is? It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the zoo! I really want to take Kason this year too (especially to see the white alligator). Sometimes I wish we didn't live so far away but I'm just going to have to say to Shawn on a Saturday - "We are going today!" HAHA!!! Love ya!

Alayna said...

So, I like the look of your new blog. Did you have more success this time? Meaning, did you have to input everything again? Or did you figure out how to change your background without losing all of your page elements? If so, let me know!!! I am getting ready to make a change myself.

Marianne and Matt said...

I am a Zoo fan also!! The white alligator is pretty neat, we saw it last year! I'm glad you got a ay with your fun hubby!.....cute background, mine continues to stay pretty boring:)

DeVries Family said...

Oh! We love the zoo! Looks like you had a great day! I have to admit that a day out with my husband sounds pretty great! Going to the zoo without having to count heads, sanitize 500 hands, chase someone, say things like "honey, plaes stop trying to pull the peacocks tail, they don't like that" and "the fence is there for a reason sweetie, see that sign that says: don't feed us? they are talking about you! They don't want to feed their wolves 3 year olds!" it sounds nice...
Glad you had a great time!

tiare said...

the zoo is totally where it's at!...no matter what age you are! i loved the white alligator too! still can't believe you sat on that fake spider!!!! SICK!