Friday, August 15, 2008

Grandma Quick

Yesterday Grant and I got the sad news that Grant's great grandmother passed away. Last April we were able to go out to San Diego to celebrate her 100th birthday. There were at least 150 people there, it was nice to meet the whole family. It was especially nice to be able to meet Grandma Quick before she passed away. It's been almost 27 -28 years that Grandpa and Grandma have been apart so we are sure this is a very happy time for them.

11 comments:

Dad Richins said...

test2

jessi said...

I am sorry to hear that..but at least they are together now. :)

Marianne and Matt said...

So sorry to hear!! But, WOW 100 years old, that is amazing!

Alayna said...

Awww...I am sorry Amos! Give Grant (and you) a big hug for me! Love ya!

E Terry said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! She sounded like an amazing woman. Love ya lots!

mom said...

Hi Amy and Grant

I just "loved" the words and pictures you put on your "Blog". "Thank you". Grandma Quick will be buried on Tuesday, Aug.19th. (My sister, Robin's birthday) The Service will be held in the (It's called also) "The Little Chapel" at 10:00. This Chapel was built by Grant's Grandpa Boyle. Today my mom and cousin dressed Grandma in her Temple clothing.

She was a wonderful, loving and Grandmother to us all. Raised 2 of her grandchildren and 1 Great grandson, Shawn. She once asked the Doctor when she was going to come down with that "old person" disease. His reply was, "At 98 Erma,you are way to old now"

Love you both!

MomPiller

Wendi and Eric said...

I will miss GGrandma Quick. She had an amazing life and a bright spirit. Eric never was able to meet her, which is our greatest regret. Thank you for sharing the pictures of her 100th birthday. They were the first we have seen. love you both.

Mom Richins said...

Hi Pooh Bear... Here is my test comment. Your are behind! Where's Bear Lake? Just kidding. I love your blog

Dad Richins said...

Well here goes to see if this works.

Dad Richins said...

Just a comment to see if I can make this thing work. I haven't been able to so lets see if this workes.

DeVries Family said...

Sorry to hear that! What a sweet tribute to someone who sounds like she lived a wonderful life and obviously left an incredible legacy! How neat for her to be able to reunite with her sweetheart!