So I have had this pedometer (step counter) for several weeks now and although my goal was 10,000 steps a day I never seemed to make it. If I just went about my day normal, sitting at a desk 8 hours a day and working out for 30 minutes to 1 hr I got 5000 to 6000 steps a day and that just wasn't enough. So this last week I promised myself I wouldn't go to bed if I didn't have 10,000 steps for the day and I did it! This did mean...
1. a couple late nights at the gym
2. walks with co-workers at work
3. lots of evening walks with Grant
4. a long 3 mile Sunday walk with mom & Grant
5. convincing the grand kids to walk around the neighborhood with me a couple times
and
6. I admit there were a few times I had to run up and down the hall way before bed.
Now there are lots of you that probably get 10,000 steps a day easy as you run around chasing your kids and such but for those of us that work 8 hours a day behind a desk getting 10,000 steps is much harder. I have to tell you I felt so much better last week as I was out and about and much more active. I can't wait to meet my goal this week too!

6 comments:
Congrats!!! That is awesome! I need to get one, could you email me the info of yours?
What an awesome goal to have, I don't have a pedometer....I guess I'll just count my steps in my head:)
that is no small feat! good job!!!
i know i definitely need to get up and get moving more!!!!
Nice work! That's awesome!
Yeah Amy - go for it!!!
Way to go! Next time just shake the thing until you reach your goal :P
Post a Comment