Monday, September 22, 2008

Ouch!!!

Saturday night Grant's back was bugging him and the weather was cold and wet so we decided we would go up and see my parents and sit in their hot tub. As we sat in the hot tub watching the lightening and listening to the thunder I was saying something (I am sure very important, although I don't remember anymore) to Grant when all the sudden he got a weird look on his face and yelled something, this is about the time I felt something very very heavy hit my head. The hot tub cover fell on my head, I know the story would have been so much better if I could have said I was hit by lightning but what can you do. I have never felt anything like that. Truthfully the pain wasn't as bad as the surprise. I felt like a little 2 year old that can't stop crying even know the issue was over. Grant just held me and kept asking if I was ok, truly I was but I couldn't stop crying. After we got out I finally stopped crying and the headache really set in but as my dad says after all that it still didn't knock any sense into me, lol.

8 comments:

Alayna said...

You gotta love Stan!

Don't you know that you are not supposed to be in water during lightning storms? And don't you know that alone time in jacuzzi's only leads to trouble...?? Lesson learned!

Now, for the explanation. The button is just a cute little picture you can put on your blog to show everyone that you love ME the MOST. You just have to copy the HTML code and add it as a page element on your side bar area thing (clear as mud?). Then, when people see it they think, "that is a cute little picture! I wonder what happens when I click on it?" Then they click on it and it links them to my blog. Then they start blog stalking me and I feel really cool. Got it?

Love ya!

Megane said...

that sounds painful! but sitting in a hot tub sounds nice about now.......

what may I ask is a sharing time specialist? do you have to teach sharing time every month?

tiare said...

OH MY HECK! usually i would laugh at the person that it happened to, but you are my friend and i am SOOOOOOO sad. seriously. i'm glad that your hubby was there to console you!

Wendi and Eric said...

It is so nice to be able to read your blog again. I miss you both. It feels good to have a long cry sometimes. Good job Grant, supporting your wife and all. Your first year anniversary is coming soon. Do you have plans? Hugs.

E Terry said...

Oh my goodness girlie! Thats crazy! I hope you are feeling better. Love ya and hopefully we'll see you this weekend???

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I hope you guys are doing well.

DeVries Family said...

That is so funny...even the crying part...I am glad that I am not the only one who feels like a little kid when something like that happens!

Becky and Bryce said...

okay so that sounds horrible. Annie was telling me about your calling. That is very interesting... I've never heard of such a thing. You'll have to fill me in.