
Since mom now has lots of Grand kids she also does 12 days for them. She is so creative in the way she does it though. She has a 12 cup muffin tin for each of the kids and she finds 12 things that will fit in the cups. She then covers the top of the tin with Christmas wrapping paper(gluing it on). Then each of the 12 days the kids get to poke out one of the tins and find a treasure. They love this and look forward to it every year. 
Our family always has a pickle ornament and it gets hidden in the tree by mom. The first person to find the pickle on Christmas morning gets an extra present or some kind of treat. This is one I want to start in my family once we have kids.
This year is going to be a little different for Grant and I since we will be spending it in warm Arizona. I am actually really excited about it. Grant and I are going to spend the Monday before Christmas with my parents and then on Tuesday Grant and I are going to have our own little Christmas. I am so excited to have Christmas at night with the lights on the tree and all. Then on Christmas eve we will head off to Grant's parents for Christmas and a few days after. I hear my mother in law makes some great food on Christmas and rumor has it we are going golfing while there so I can't wait! (OK the golfing thing actually scares me more then excites me but what can I say).

8 comments:
You're Mom is sooo cute! I just love her. We have a pickle too but have never got an extra treat if we found it? SOunds like I need to do some talking to my MOM!!!
Yippie skippy! Can't wait to see you (hopefully) when you come to warm and sunny AZ. Today it is 65 degrees. I am wrapped in a blanet in my office cause I am freezing. Yes, I am a wuss!!
I remember your mom giving us a pickle to start that tradition as well. I think it comes from our German roots or something. But it is something I'd like to continue with my family. The muffin tin is a fabulous idea too!
oh my heck! i've been racking my brain thinking, "what are some traditions that we can start with our little family?" can i just steal all of yours?
seriously, your mom is AWESOME!!! all of those ideas are so great!!!!!
So you are going to AZ for Christmas...can I send a gift with you for Alayna?
Hahaha! Can't really keep a secret can I? No I'm just kidding, if I wanted it to be a secret, I wouldn't have said anything. Yes, we've been trying since June and it's just not happening as fast as it did with Kason. But it's ok, I believe that if and when it's supposed to happen, it will.
Your Mom has some great ideas. It's nice to know that Grant is totally taken care of in the Festivities category. Miss you guys.
Hey sugarloaf! Was my video really dark for you?
Post a Comment