I love Thanksgiving because it really gets me thinking of how blessed I truly am. Here are some of the things I have been thankful for this last few weeks...
U of U Football
Grant and I have really enjoyed getting into U of U football. I know that sounds stupid to be thankful for but it has been something really fun this year for Grant and I to do with my family. Grant considers himself an adopted Ute and I guess I would be one too since I went to Utah State(but lets face it they don't know how to play football there). Mom and Dad brought Scott's boys over to watch the big BYU vs Uof U game and we had a blast. I have to admit I missed most of the game trying to keep the boys entertained but it was fun to have everyone over. The best part of the night was that Utah won(sorry Alayna I had to say something).
The Weather
I don't know how I am a Utah girl because I hate Utah winters. Last year I spent 4 hours driving home from work, a trip that usually takes me 30 minutes. Two of the hours were spent sitting on Main Street about 5 minutes from our home. Ever since this happened I have been dreading this winter, but surprisingly it has been a great winter so far. NO SNOW! I know it is coming but I am very thankful for the nice beautiful cool weather I have been able to enjoy so far this winter.
Callings
This is another weird one but a couple weeks ago Grant and I had to speak in church and I had to speak on following the prophets. I ended up talking a lot about the times I had been called to do something (like speak Chinese on my mission) that I didn't think I could do. In all those situations I ended up doing what I thought was impossible. Well it is now Grant's turn. He was just called to be a teacher in Priesthood. Just the week before he was saying he couldn't do it and would say no if asked. Well he was asked and he said YES! I think he is going to be great and will surprise himself as he will do something he didn't think he could!
Family
Grant and I are so lucky to have such great family. We weren't able to spent Thanksgiving with Grant's parents and sister but we were able to spend some time talking to them and are excited to spent Christmas with them this year. We had a great time eating, talking, and of course bowling on thanksgiving this year with the family. Every night we thank Heavenly Father for such wonderful family, I know we wouldn't be where we are without them! We Love You All!!


Oh by the way I chopped off my hair.
Neighbors
This year our thanksgiving was a little interesting. Grant and I went up to my parents a little early to help. When we got there mom checked on the turkey and the thing had popped out telling us that it was done. She was surprised because it was an hour earlier then it should have been, but she took out the turkey and started on some other things. As my Grandma got there and we were about ready to eat we put the rolls in to bake so they would be nice and fresh. When we went to check on the rolls to our surprise they hadn't even started baking. Yep our oven went out on us, and on Thanksgiving of all days. As we checked our turkey we discovered that it wasn't completely done either. The top of the oven was working so most of the Turkey was cooked but the bottom wasn't so much done. Thankfully my mother has great neighbors who let us come over and use their oven!
There are so many more things to be thankful for but these are just a few of the experiences we have had in the last couple weeks!

5 comments:
Oh my gosh, that's horrible your mom's oven went out! Crazy of all days haha! I'm glad we got to see you on Thanksgiving - if only for a little while.
oh my heck. you are so sweet. really. i love your descriptions of all the things you are thankful for.
ummmm....your hair is SOOOOOOOOOO sassy! i love it. mind if i copy you?
Ok, I have to say something because you did. First of all, thanks for rubbing it in my face. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! But, at the same time I am happy for the Utes. I love it when a Utah team rocks it in the BCS! Secondly, tha little gang sign everyone is making in the picture (I am assuming is a "U") looks more like devil horns...because Ute fans are the devil!!! Just kidding, you know I love ya...even if your team spanked mine.
On a lighter note, thanks for yet another blog update. You are great and I am thankful for YOU! Sad Thanksgiving experience though! Looks like things are going well for you and I am beyond delighted to see that. YOU ROCK!! P.S. Love the short hair...
Looks like you had fun bowling too. I wonder why that is such a big tradition in our family. It is awsome that you did a blog about what you are thankful for. IT is awesome to put that in to words and have it to reflect on for a long time.
Amy!!! It looks like you are grabbing Grant's happy place in that last picture!!! Shame on you!
Post a Comment