Monday, June 30, 2008

Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I am not very fond of cars, at least not my husband’s car. Its registration runs out today and we have been waiting for the thing in the mail to come to get it inspected. Well I guess it went to his old house and his roommate had it forwarded to us.......turns out I am not sure he knows us or at least where we live because it never came. Finally last week I told Grant if he would take my car I would take his and get it done on my lunch break, this is when all the fun began. I took it to the Jiffy Lube by our house and was told that the tint didn't pass; I guess the laws are different here in Utah then Arizona. So Grant asked that I take it to one more place and try so of course I did. Well that one went even worse, I was again told that the tint was to dark and found out that Grant's registration was missing. I spent about 10 minutes looking for it and the guy told me to go home and have my husband deal with it since it was his car not mine, I liked his idea and headed home. That evening Grant looked through some of our files to find both his registration and his missing title for his car. After no luck he called his parents hoping they might have it in AZ. While he talked to his mom I kept looking and found the Title but no luck on the registration. The next day I called around and got an appt. for the tint to be removed and a more legal one put on. That morning as Grant drove into his parking lot at work his fabulous muffler fell off. Grant had to have it towed to a place to have it fixed. They had to completely replace the Muffler, fun fun. That day I also called the DMV to find out how to get a copy of his registration, I was told to go there with a note from Grant saying I could get a copy of his registration. So this morning at 7:30 I went to the DMV and stood in line for about 45 mins to find out that I was at the wrong DMV, I can't tell you how happy this made me. I then drove to Provo (the correct DMV) and waited there to get a copy of the registration. At my lunch I ran over to Jiffy Lube and was told it would be an hour wait to get the car inspected, so I got comfortable in the waiting room and waited....and waited....and waited. About 1 1/2 hours later I see them move my car out and hang the keys in a box on the wall. No one else was in the waiting room and there were no more cars in the garage so all the guys were just hanging out talking. After about 15 mins I went out and they had just forgotten about me.....Again I can't tell you how happy that made me. Actually the next part made me happier then that.....It was when they handed me the paper with the big REJECTED on it. The tint on the windshield is to low and the crack is to long, so we have to replace the windshield. Turns out I just paid $42 dollars to sit in a waiting room and watch Pirates of the Caribbean, the 3rd one which I hate! I then returned back to work, now here is when you would think that I returned to actually work, if that is what you thought you would be wrong. I then called Grant, then the insurance agent, then the glass place....finally I got an appt. for tomorrow. I can't wait tell this is all done! Here is hoping it actually passes the inspection!

5 comments:

tiare said...

oh my heck! you are super patient! i would have handed to my husband the first time it didn't pass. i'll pray for you and your car.....

E Terry said...

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that! YUCK! The things we do for our husbands, huh! No but you gotta love them though. Cute new template by the way :)

tiare said...

so i came into your blog to see if you had a post...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new look of your blog!!!!

Marianne and Matt said...

Man that stinks!! I'm the same way with cars...car trouble is the worst! Sorry for all the trouble you had to deal with:( Also, I agree with you about the third Pirates movie!

Becky and Bryce said...

WOW, WOOOOOOOW What a story! Geesh. Good luck! I LOVE you new blog, way cute!!!