Saturday, June 7, 2008

Good bye 24...Hello Lower Insurance Rates

Grant finally turned 25 last Thursday!!!!! He had to work his late shift, which means 11:30 a.m. to 8p.m., so I worked from home and made him breakfast. It would have been breakfast in bed but Grant was up, showered, and dressed before I could get it done. When he left for work I got to work myself painting. I decided to finish all the painting in our house for part of his birthday present. When it was 6pm and I wasn't done and still had all his real birthday stuff to do I started thinking it wasn't the BRIGHTEST plan I ever had. I did end up getting all the painting done, well there is still some major touch up on the bathroom boarder but ya know. I got him a special birthday dinner from Olive Garden, and his favorite cake from Baskin Robins.

After he came home and saw all my great painting, we had dinner and opened presents. I have been so excited for his gifts for almost a month, it was killing me to keep it a secret. First I got him his first love....Guitar Hero!


Then I wanted to get him something we could go out and do to celebrate so........I got him a DUNE BUGGY TOUR. It was 2 hours of driving his own dune buggy out in the hills of Eagle Mountain. It turned out to be a BLAST, well actually at first I was a little worried. We were going up this big hill and all the sudden I heard Grant yell *&$@ loud enough to hear over the really loud engine. I looked down to see the gas peddle stuck all the way to the floor. We both tried frantically to get it to come up but it wasn't happening. At the top everyone stopped and we were able to use our brakes and turn the engine off to stop. All the guys fixed it as best as they could and we were back on our way.....I must say I was a little tense at first but after a little prayer and realizing that Grant knew what he was doing I forgot all about the fact that the dune buggy we were driving 50-60 miles an hour over a mountain was broken.

5 comments:

Marianne and Matt said...

From what I could see, your house looks so CUTE, I love it!! That is funny about the Dune buggy. I'm glad you guys had fun, and tell Grant I said "happy birthday!"

Alayna said...

How fun is that?! And I am with Marianne...your house looks so cute! Much different from when I last saw it. Can't wait to see it in person in about 12 days (but who's counting?)

Amy Piller said...

I am counting and I can't wait. I have a question for you. My family is going to the Lehi Rodeo on the night of the 28th after the shower. Would you want to come? I think we could still get a ticket.

Alayna said...

I would love to go to the rodeo with you and your fam. Hey, maybe we can run into Damon and/or his family? That would be fun. And, don't worry...it's ok that you're tired.

jessi said...

Amy, you are funny...it is ok to write to Alayna on your own blogg, I do fun stuff like that all the time. For example, Our house payment is $1171.00 every month and has been forever...but I paid $1117.00 last month...so they gave us a fine for having it be late...I called frantic (because we have good credit and have never been late or anything and I think it goes on your credit record if your late??) anyway, I explained it to the lady and she laughed and told me if I brought the other $54.00 she would reverse everything. Thankfully she did and it all turned out ok.....
I am glad Grant had a great birthday! I have never played guitar hero, and hear it is really fun! And how fun with the dune buggies! Where did you rent them from? I have a friend who wants to go wheelin with us, but needs something (just to rent one time) anyway, take care!