On Sunday October 5th Grant and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. I know it is only a year but seriously that one year flew by. It has been a year I wouldn't trade for anything. Not a perfect year but that is why I wouldn't trade it. I have loved getting to know more about Grant and figuring out our life together, each day has made us stronger and more and more in love.
We got a free trip to Vegas so we headed down for a couples day off to celebrate. We drove down and oddly that was one of my favorite parts. Neither Grant nor I are very patient when it comes to traffic so I didn't expect it to be such a fun drive. We left early Saturday morning and the traffic was great. We just talked and laughed the entire time, it was perfect. We did run into a bit of a snag when we got to St. George and decided we would get off and get some gas. As we got off we noticed there was a lot of traffic going in the opposite direction then we were going and then that the only gas stations were where everyone was going. We decided to drive through town and get gas where there weren’t so many people.....not a good idea. The reason people were driving that way was because there was a marathon going on. Everywhere we tried to turn there was another group of runners and a road block. Finally we did find a gas station and the freeway entrance but our 5 minute stop in St. George turned into a 30 minute stop. Since our free trip didn't start until Sunday we got our own hotel for the first night. We decided to splurge and go to the Red Rock Resort. This was another of my favorite things. This place was incredible...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
One Year!!!!!
The bed was so comfortable they had a thing saying you could by the comforter for $1250.00
Look at this bathroom it was marble and the walls were leather and yes that is a flat screen TV for the tub. I have never stayed at a place this nice. It was beautiful and fun for one night!
I have to go work(what a pain, lol) so I will post more details and photos of the trip when I can
Posted by Amy Piller at 2:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!! That place looks awesome! Sounds like you had a great time:)
Happy Anniversary! I am definitely envious...sounds like so much fun to have a weekend with my hubby all to myself! I lovethat you admit that your first year hasn't been perfect! I have such a hard time when people try to convince you that life is just perfect. No marriage is that wonderful, except maybe President Monson's, but I bet his wife gets annoyed with him too!
Wow...that's my kind of hotel. Glad you had fun. CAn't wait to see more!
Wow! So Happy that you both had a wonderful time.
"Happy Anniversary"
love you both
mom and dad piller
I am so jelous!! That looks so nice!! Happy, Happy, Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Looks like you two love birds had a romantic weekend. And I am glad to see you are spoiling each other. love you both.
holy cow...has it been a year already? that flew by!!! glad you celebrated in style.
happy anniversary!
Ames, I remember when me and Zach went to vegas last year and I liked the drive down with Zach it was good times. Anyway can't wait to talk to you about it all, call me!
Post a Comment